NHS Borders has recently produced a guide for patients using GP services during the Coronavirus pandemic. We would encourage patients to view this information which was created by GPs in collaboration with the Communication team at NHS Borders.
Please help the practice team to help you by . .
- Using services responsibly and considerately at a time when the NHS is under unprecedented pressure.
- Understanding that “normal” service is not possible at the current time and appreciating that services have changed rapidly to provide modified services.
- Calling 999 if you have a medical emergency with a life threatening condition such as a heart attack, stroke or serious injury.
- Considering if the Pharmacy First service can provide medication for minor illness or injuries. However, please do not present to the pharmacy with serious or urgent medical conditions.
- Understanding that we are contacting all our patients by telephone in the first instance. We have a policy of making two attempts to call patients back for assessment. Following this initial telephone call, a face to face appointment or a secure video consultation may be used as needed.
- Being willing to receive care from our experienced and knowledgeable team of advanced practitioners working alongside the GPs. We have advanced nurse practitioners, paramedic practitioners and a pharmacotherapy team here to help. Please respect them all as valued members of our clinical team.
- Taking care of your mental health using self-help resources where possible.
- Complying with precautions to keep everyone safe when attending the surgery. Please wear a face covering correctly (over both mouth and nose), use hand gel and maintain social distancing. Do not attend if you are unwell or self-isolating.
- Treating all our staff in a courteous manner. We understand that delays in receiving care are frustrating but we ask for tolerance at a time when we too are coping with the effects of the pandemic. Please be kind and we will do our best to help with the resources we have available.